This privacy statement provides an overview of what happens to your personal data when visiting our homepage.
1. Name and contact details of the responsible
This data protection information applies to data processing by the Institute for Digitization Research e.V., Universitätsstraße 16, 86135 Augsburg
Prof. Dr. Daniel Veit
Institute for Digitization Research e.V. (registered association)
c/o Chair of Business Administration, especially Information Systems and Management
Faculty of Business and Economics
University of Augsburg
86135 Augsburg, GERMANY
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the type and purpose of use when visiting our website
When visiting our website www.idr-ev.eu, the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which the access is made (referrer URL)
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
The data mentioned will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Guarantee of a smooth connection establishment of the website,
- Guarantee of a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of the system security and stability,
- Statistical evaluation of the use of our website via the server and for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you,
- Other administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1f DSGVO. Our justified interest for the collection of data is derived from the purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person. Our website uses SSL encryption for security reasons.
3. Data disclosure
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- You have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1a GDPR,
- The disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1f GDPR is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- In the event that the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1a GDPR is not in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1f GDPR,
- This is legally permissible and necessary for the execution of contractual relationships with you pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1b GDPR
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your terminal device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again in order to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you have already been with us and which inputs and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the purposes mentioned to safeguard our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1f GDPR. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. Complete deactivation of cookies may, however, prevent you from using all the functions of our website.
5. Google Maps
This page uses the Google Maps map service via an API. Provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. To use the features of Google Maps, it is necessary to store your IP address. This information is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transfer. The use of Google Maps is in the interest of an appealing presentation of our online offers and an easy retrievability of the places indicated by us on the website. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. You can find more information on the handling of user data in Google’s data protection declaration: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
You have the right to
- request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data, unless it has been collected from us, as well as the existence of an automated decision making process including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless processing is necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims;
- demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another responsible person;
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. The consequence of this is that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future, and
- complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at our association’s headquarters.
7. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR if there are reasons for doing so which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without stating a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of withdrawal or objection, please contact the above-mentioned contact person.
8. Data security
We use the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
9. Timeliness and amendment of this data protection declaration
This data protection declaration is currently valid and as of May 2018. Due to the further development of our website and offers above or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may be necessary to amend this data protection declaration. You can call up and print out the current data protection statement at any time on the website at http://www.idr-ev.eu.